When I think of simple landscaping it reminds me of Nature. A simple landscape is one that survives without the need of our constant inputs.
As days seem shorter and the world more complex I am frequently asked by clients about how to create simple landscapes. While the need for simplicity and lower maintenance landscapes are popular here are some thoughts to consider.
- Create a simple design using the forest as a model.
- Use plant material suited for the site and with little maintenance requirements. Plants that need minimal inputs. Have clean and clear cut appearances and are native to the site.
- Keep the movement through the landscape effortless, undemanding and straightforward. Consider soft textured plants that have wispy characteristics and look good year round.
- Minimize the volume of plant material in a simple landscape to keep the look and feel uncomplicated.
- Use the tranquil sound of a simple water garden to create repose.
- Mulch with recycled yard waste to return nutrients to the soil and plants.
Thank you for reading. Distinctive Landscaping, Inc. is a North Attleboro Landscaper specializing in full service landscape care. Please subscribe to our blog to ensure you don’t miss out!