As the 2010 Lawn care season takes shape; here are a few guidelines for managing your crabgrass organically. Crabgrass control can be accomplished for Organic lawns by taking these 5 Steps:
- Maintaining nutrient levels in the soil by using Organic Fertilizers and applying Corn Gluten Meal in early Spring.
- Seeding, Seeding, Seeding. keeping a thick lawn will discourage crabgrass encroachment.
- Mow high, reduce the sunlight to the soil. This will prevent the weed seeds from germinating.
- Mantain a proper PH level. allowing the nutrients in the soil to be fully effective.
- Hand pull out heavily effected areas and be cautious not to shake and distribute seeds.